Terms & Conditions
‘Hotel Portinari’ and ‘Tommaso’ are trade names of ZANDHOTEL NV, BE 0423614935, ‘t Zand 15, 8000 Brugge, hereafter ‘Hotel Portinari'.
Check in and check out
The room awaits you from 15:00hrs (occasionally earlier) and is all yours until 11:00hrs on the day of departure. For if you’re loving the room and are not ready to face the world yet, late check out is available at a surcharge (until 13:00hrs, day of departure).
Booking guarantee and reservation transfer
Full pre-payment at the time of booking is required for any booking at a non-refundable rate. Other reservations may be guaranteed with a valid credit or debit card and will not be charged at the time of booking. Please note that a pre-authorization is performed 7 days prior to arrival to check the validity of the credit card provided. A pre-authorization reserves a certain amount that guarantees the reservation. This amount corresponds with the total cost of your reservation. By making a reservation, you give the hotel express permission to perform such pre-authorisation. When the pre-authorization fails, we will contact you in order to obtain an alternative guarantee method, without which we will be forced to cancel your reservation. Please note that the pre-authorisation does not constitute a payment.Upon arrival, you may present us with an alternative payment method, instead of the card used to guarantee the booking. The authorization will be cancelled after your departure.
Room reservations are non-transferrable without prior written agreement by Hotel Portinari. Any such change to a booking may be subject to an administrative fee.
When your booking is complete, you’ll receive an email containing your reservation number. Please bring this number with you when you check in, along with any credit card used to guarantee the booking. If this card isn’t yours, we strictly require INSERT LINKauthorisation form to be completed and signed by the card holder and returned to us prior to arrival. If this is not received, we may not be able to maintain your booking and will keep you informed accordingly.
If you have booked a room in your name but you do not plan to stay, please tell us the name of the new guest as soon as possible.
Changes, Cancellations and Non-arrivals
Sometimes things change. If you do need to move the dates of a booking, please contact us via email@example.com / +32 50 341034 or the service portal. Changes are of course subject to availability, but we’ll do our best to help.
For all bookings at a refundable rate, you may cancel free of charge until our plans are set in stone, 96hrs before 14:00hrs, day of arrival. If you cancel after this time the first night will be payable. If we don't hear from you at all, the entire stay so free of charge until 4 days before the date in question, after which it is fully is payable. If you need to cancel one of the later nights of your stay, you may do payable. At all times and for the record, cancellations must be confirmed in writing, to us and to any third party you may have booked with.
In the case of a booking at a non-refundable rate, a change is subject to the relevant (sur)charge and an administrative fee. These reduced rates are only possible thanks to their non-refundable nature and we therefore appreciate your understanding that a refund cannot be provided under any circumstance and without exception.
You’ll always find the best rates on our website. These are per room, per night and include Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate.
The majority of bedrooms have double beds. We have a limited number of twin rooms and a few family rooms. A preference for double, twin, 3 beds or other preference (front, back, high, low, etc.) may be requested but this cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability. If your request cannot be met, this does not entitle you to any refund or discount.
Just like you, we like things looking good. Therefore, we will charge your credit or debit card for any damage done to your room during your stay or for any items that are missing when you leave.
We welcome guide dogs at the hotel, however other pets are not allowed in the entire hotel and bar.
Hotel Portinari is 100% smoke-free and in accordance with the the smoking ban of the 22nd of December 2009, smoking is prohibited anywhere inside of the hotel. Any breach of the smoking ban will result in a cleaning charge of € 250 being applied, with additional penalty applied at the discretion of Hotel Portinari in case of additional damages, such as subsequent guests refusing to rent the room.
If your booking doesn't yet include our scrumptious breakfast, we can add it any time before your arrival, at the discounted rate of just € 15,90 per person, per day. Even once you're at the hotel, we can still make the necessary arrangements at the regular rate of € 17,90 per person, per day! Please book your breakfast by 09:30hrs on the day itself.
Bring the kids ! One child aged 0-7 stays free of charge in a club room when occupying the parents room. Further children are charged as adults. Please mention all persons (even free children) when making the reservation. If you arrive with more persons than reserved we can not guarantee that this will be possible and that we will be able to offer you the room that you have booked. No refund will be possible if you will not able to stay at the reserved room due to the fact that you arrive with more persons than booked
Bookings may not be made by minors. Hotel Portinari reserves the right to refuse access to the residences to any minors who are not accompanied by a legal representative and to cancel the booking. Hotel Portinari may also cancel a stay if it transpires that the hotel is to be used by minors who are not accompanied by a legal representative.
Hotel Portinari is not responsible for any theft of, or damage to guests’ property caused by other hotel guests or third parties during their stay. A safety box is at disposal for our guests in all rooms as well a larger safety box can be obtained at the reception.
Any personal belongings left will only be returned at the guests’ written request. The guest is responsible for any costs and risks associated with returning the item(s).
Hotel Portinari shall not be held responsible for the total or partial non-fulfillment of its obligations if this is due to the occurrence of a force majeure event such as, but not limited to, floods, fires, storms, terrorism, strikes or a state event.
Reservations for more than 5 rooms, no matter whether made up of separately established reservations, are considered as a group and can only be booked directly through the hotel and not through a third party. For groups, an offer is made stating the specific payment and cancellation conditions. When making the group reservation, the guest / company expressly agrees with these conditions that are an addition to our general terms and conditions.
The payment of all known costs must be in our possession before the arrival of the group and this according to the contractual conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing.
In case of late payment, the rooms can not be reserved any further and there is no right to a refund of any advances already paid.
The following information must be in the possession of Hotel Portinari as soon as known or at least 1 week before arrival:
time of arrival
time of departure
time of breakfast
responsible person present
When our cameras are rolling we clearly display what we’re up to, however, if you’re included in any of our photography or video and don’t want to be – let us know and we’ll spare your blushes by removing any images of you.
All transactions and credit card details entered on the website are entered on a secured page and transferred using SSL.
Hotel Portinari declines any liability for damage that might arise from consulting the information contained on other sites or other sources of information in general, and to which this site refers.
Links to outside online information
The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
All personal Information is processed in accordance with local law and are never sold to third parties.
1. Your email address– We need this to confirm your booking and send you more information regarding the booking and the hotel. You might even after your stay receive further information from the hotel, however there is always the option to “unsubscribe” if you wish not to receive any further correspondence from us.
2. Your phone number– we generally don’t contact you per phone unless we have an urgent matter with your booking. You may also receive a phone call in case we feel you have not received our email. We could also use your phone to send you the location of the hotel if you so request it. Your phone number will not be shared with others, and we don’t participate in cold calling
3. Your Name– we assume you would like to be addressed by name, that is why we need your name. It’s just so much nicer that way, don’t you think?
4. We keep your contact details for 2 years. We might occasionally send you more information about events, special discounts or restaurant bookings. If you don’t want us to send you this information, please feel free to unsubscribe from our newsletter, we won’t be offended.
5. Your personal data including your booking history will be kept in a central database in the hotel. Only authorised staff have access to this data, and all have been trained and instructed to care for this data with utmost security. If you would like to update / delete or view the details we keep on you you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you all the details we have on you.
How about Cookies?
Again, further below you will find the complete and incredibly boring explanation, but let us explain here in layman’s terms what our cookies are all about:
1. We have a facebook pixel installed on our site – this means we can show you advertisement on facebook based on what you have been viewing on our website
4. We also have Google Adwords installed on our site – this means we can show you adverts based on what you viewed on our site on other website that allow Google ads
3. We have Google Analytics installed on our website – this means that we can see how many visits we have had, the sex of our visitors, the age of our visitors, browser behaviour, mobile vs desktop and many more statistics that help us determine what pages work well and what pages don’t.
4. When you complete a contact form on our site Cookies will allow the site to remember your details so the next time you come to our site, you don’t have to complete the entire form again. That’s pretty handy we think…
5. We also use pixels in our newsletter so we can see who opened the newsletter and who didn’t. This ay we can filter our information and only send you stuff we can see you are actually interested in. Nifty right? All that without actually having to ask you personally each time (imagine that!)
It is important you understand that you can remove or switch off cookies at any time. If you do so, you will be asked to complete your details again on our site and the site might work a little slow. Also, you then won’t have access to special deals we might want to send your way.
Here’s how you can delete your cookies:
If you have signed up for our newsletter, then rest assured we will only send you relevant and formation that would benefit you. It will either be about our hotel, special deals on bookings or things going on in our bar.